We take seriously our role as a leader in our communities, especially during trying times like the global pandemic. Here are a few examples of how Hecla has supported our communities:
- We partnered with local organizations near our Greens Creek, Lucky Friday, and Casa Berardi operations to provide over $150,000 worth of “Hecla Bucks” vouchers for Hecla employees to purchase goods and services at local small businesses.
- We tapped our supply chain to make 30,000 masks available to the City and Borough of Juneau.
- Greens Creek donated 25 cases (12,500 pairs) of gloves to the City of Juneau for use by the police department and first responders.
- We committed $135,000 to local COVID relief efforts in Juneau and surrounding villages, including contributions to the Southeast Alaska Food Bank and the Aangoon Shú Senior Center in Angoon.
- At Casa Berardi, we donated more than 6,200 masks to family members of our employees and the community at large.
- In Durango, Mexico, we donated rice, tuna, beans, pasta, peppers, cooking oil, milk, sugar, coffee, and toilet paper to those in need.
Back to Our Responsibility.